Thursday, June 16, 2011

THING 1


THING 1
While I read through the lifelong learning habits I was able to connect to some of them.  I was able to tell which one was the easiest for me but also which one was the toughest for me.  I believe that I can begin with the end in mind.  Whatever I am doing at the time, such as if it’s playing basketball, doing school work, or working at a job I have, I always have the end in sight.  I always think to myself what minor goals can I achieve during the process that will help me achieve the big goal at the end.  In high school I had a goal of playing division one basketball.  I set up a work out plan, traveled to certain spots to get noticed by schools,  got good grades so I could attend college, and stayed out of trouble.  All of these I wrote down on a piece of paper my freshman year and held true this plan in order to reach my goal of playing division one basketball. 

The hardest learning habit for me would be accepting responsibility for my own learning.  There are times where I may need a push to study a little harder, or study a little more.  It is hard when you get done with a basketball game and have to study for a test that you may have the next day.  I have to accept the responsibility and sometimes I may not always study as much as I should for a test.  There have also been times where I have needed more help than what the teacher/professor gave me.  And I may not of took the responsibility of learning the material because I thought that my teacher should of taught it to me. 

Throughout the class I want to learn how to use all the tools and websites out there that I can use in my everyday life and in the classroom.  It’s been a short amount of time and I have already learned so much.  The excel session in class was very interesting and helpful.  I did not think making the blog was going to be that interesting, but I think it is going to be my favorite thing we do all semester.  I can see myself using it even after this class.  It was so easy to set up and really make the page be your own.  One tough thing that has hit me so far in this class is just getting all my usernames and passwords correct for all the sites we are logged into.  For some stupid reason I have one or two of them different and it really messed me up.  But I am on the right path now and I’m doing great.  

No comments:

Post a Comment