Once I saw YouTube as a choice I could talk about I went directly to it. YouTube is a site where you can upload any videos and allow the world to see them. There are people that become “YouTube sensations” because they may get over 50 million views on their video. I like how anyone can really put up anything that they want. You do not have to pay for it, it is all free. One thing I would like to see change but that will not change is advertisements on some of the videos. Some videos may have a 20 second advisement that just takes up time. But I know that YouTube needs those in order for it to be free for all of us. YouTube is sometimes my enemy because instead of studying or writing I paper I find myself watching random videos for an hour instead. I definitely think you can use YouTube for education. If you are doing a science experiment you can upload your example on YouTube for your class to see but also watch other classes do theirs. You can see the similarities and differences of them and you might end up changing some of your experiment to match a better one you saw on YouTube. This is just one of the many ways you can use YouTube for your classroom.
I agree with you. YouTube can be a double edge sword or the Ying and the Yang or the Good and Bad. YouTube has a wealth of information to start your thinking process but we must verify verify verify what we see.
ReplyDelete